a. We are Penbeili Mawr Holiday Cottages. (“We”, “us” and “our”) of Penbeili Mawr, Coed Y Bryn, Llandysul, Ceredigion, SA44 5NA. In these Booking Conditions references to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is transferred.
1. Our agreement These conditions together with any other written information we brought to your attention before we confirmed your booking, form the basis of your contract with us. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. By making a booking, you agree to be bound by all of them. Our agreement becomes binding when we issue a confirmation. Please check all details on the confirmation immediately on receipt and notify us as soon as possible and within 10 days of any inaccuracies or amendments needed. The number and name of the guests forming the party shall not vary from those given on the initial booking unless agreed by the owner prior to the commencement of booking. The person booking must be 18 years of age or over. Bookings cannot be accepted from parties of young people under the age of 18. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises. The cottage is let for holiday purposes only.
2. Payment You must make payment in line with the instructions we give you. All deposits are non-refundable. If we do not receive any payment due in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges set out in clause 11 below will become payable.
3. Insurance It is condition of our agreement that you are covered by an adequate travel insurance for your arrangements. Such insurance as a minimum must cover your losses sustained as a result of cancellation, medical issues, and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. Your travel insurance should also include cover against any COVID issues or incidents which may affect your booking. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any of your losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
6. Pets We do not allow pets. We confirm that assistance dogs are permitted in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
7. Guests may arrive at the cottage from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival (key to be collected from the farmhouse / or agreed place beforehand) and are requested to vacate the cottage by 10.00 am on the day of departure. Out of season, it may be possible to arrive earlier by prior arrangement with the owners.
8. Smoking Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the premises.
9. WI-FI Wi-fi is provided free of charge. We can not always guarantee consistent service and the bandwidth is not recommended for heavy streaming.
10. Electric Vehicle charging We are not currently set up or insured for charging of Electric Vehicles, nor do we include the additional electric usage in our tariff rates. Please do not charge your vehicles from the property. A list of local charging points will be in the welcome folder in the cottage.
11. Changes and cancellations by you Deposits (25% of total booking cost) are non refundable. If you wish to change or cancel your booking you should advise us as soon as reasonably practicable with confirmation in writing. The day of receipt of the written confirmation is the day that is deemed as the date of cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, we may (but without any obligation to you) attempt to re-let the accommodation and if a replacement letting is obtained for your booked full stay, we may refund you any monies paid above the deposit less any handling charge. If we are unable to re-let the accommodation, we will retain the cancellation charges as detailed here. You are advised to obtain travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances – see clause 3. We can’t guarantee that changes can be met, although we will do our best to assist. Since we incur costs in changing your arrangements, all such changes will be subject to the charges detailed here. Where we are unable to assist with making a requested change and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking, we will treat this as a cancellation by you. Cancellations for more than 6 weeks before start of holiday 25% of total booking charge (the non refundable deposit). Cancellations within 6 weeks of start of booking and up to 3 weeks before start of booking 50% of total cost of booking. Cancellations 3 weeks or less before start of booking 80% of total booking cost. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. We will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us. In the event we can meet your requested change, you will have to pay 25% of the total cost of the original booking as well as any of our extra costs incurred.
12. Changes and cancellation by us If we have to make a significant change or cancel your accommodation before arrival, we will inform you without undue delay and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:- i (for significant changes) agreeing to the changed arrangements, ii accepting the cancellation or terminating the contract for the arrangements and receiving a refund (without undue delay) of all monies paid; or iii accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available. (In the event that any proposed change or alternative offered results in a reduction or increase in the price you have agreed to pay or an increase or decrease in the quality of arrangements we have agreed to provide, we will also notify you of any price reduction or additional amount due). The above sets out the maximum extent of our liability for changes and cancellations and we regret we cannot meet any other expenses or losses you may incur as a result of any change or cancellation.
13. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions we will not be liable or pay you a price reduction or compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances beyond our control which we could not avoid even if all reasonable measures had been taken. These events can include, but are not limited to war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity and its consequences or the threat of such activity, riot, pandemic or the continuing effects thereof, the act of any government or other national or local authority, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster and adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside our control.
14. Disabilities, medical problems and other needs If you or any member of your party has any precise medical problem, disability or needs which may affect your chosen arrangements, please provide us with full details before the confirmation is issued, if possible. Acting reasonably, if we are unable to properly accommodate your needs, we will refund your booking. If you did not give us full details at the time of booking, we will treat it as cancelled by you when we become aware of these details.
15. Our Responsibility We make every reasonable effort to indicate possible safety hazards in our property description. Please (particularly parents and anyone with physical restrictions) to inspect the property and grounds immediately upon arrival and note any possible hazards. You must upon arrival check the layout of the property so that you have a planned route to exit the property as easily as possible in the event of an emergency. Our property is located in the countryside and in a site of a working farm which can hold its own hazards such as barbed wire in fencing, animals in fields and machinery. Please note that regular country smells and noises will not be classed as cause for complaint. We do keep mechanical noises to a minimum and are mindful of our guests.
16. Your obligations You agree to the following: a) To pay before departure for any breakages, losses or damage caused by you to the property or its facilities. b) To take all reasonable and proper care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your holiday. You will be responsible for any additional cleaning costs. c) To inform us of any problems with the facilities or services as soon as they become apparent. d) To permit us reasonable access to the property to carry out urgent maintenance. e) Not to sublet or share the property except with the persons included at the booking or subsequently included by agreement. The maximum number of persons allowed at the property is clearly stated and must not be exceeded. We reserve the right to terminate hire without notice and without refund where this condition is breached. (e) We have introduced a Good Housekeeping deposit of £100 for Dairy. This will be refunded back provided the cottage is left in a clean condition as found, with no damage. Refunds are processed within a few days of departure via bank transfer.
17. Complaints If you experience difficulty during your stay, please inform us without undue delay so that we can take steps to assist you or put things right. You can contact us by email, phone or in person if we are on site at the time.