1. Penbeili Mawr Farm Cottages are on site of a small working family farm. As such there may be noise from farm machinery which will be kept to a minimum.
2. Guests may arrive at the cottage from 4.00 pm on the day of arrival (key to be collected from the farmhouse / or agreed place beforehand) and are requested to vacate the cottage by 10.00 am on the day of departure. Out of season, it may be possible to arrive earlier by prior arrangement with the owners.
3. The cottage is let for holiday purposes only.
4. The number and name of the guests forming the party shall not vary from those given on the initial booking unless agreed by the owner prior to the week of the holiday. The person booking must be 18 years of age or over. Bookings cannot be accepted from parties of young people under the age of 18. The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the number stated for the premises. In exceptional cases the owners may give permission for extra people to occupy the premises, in this case there will be an additional charge at the owners’ discretion.
5. No animals are allowed on the premises. Apart from assistance dogs.
6. No smoking is allowed in the premises.
7. We do provide free WIFI however we cannot always guarantee a consistent service and it is not suitable for heavy streaming due to limited bandwidth.
8. We are not currently set up or insured for charging of Electric Vehicles, nor do we include the additional electric usage in our tariff rates. Please do not charge your vehicles from the property. We can provide a list of local charging points upon request.
9. Deposit is 25% of the total amount of the stay. Deposits are due within 7 days of booking and are non refundable. (Except in case of Covid government restrictions. See point 15.)
10. Bookings are treated as confirmed on receipt of the deposit by the owner. The balance of payment for the cottage is then due 6 weeks before date of the commencement of the booking. Non payment of the balance on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the hirer of the cottage. The dates shall be marketed again.
11. If it is necessary to cancel the holiday, please contact the owner as soon as possible. The initial deposit is non refundable but the balance of payment (or part thereof) may be refunded, at the
discretion of the owners. This will depend upon the owner being able to re-let the cottage for that week(s). Please ensure to have holiday cancellation and emergency expenses insurance in place as we do not provide this.
12. Hirers obligation. (a)The hirer agrees to pay for any breakages, losses or damage before departure. Please do not replace broken crockery or glasses with similar unmatching items. (b)The hirer must take all reasonable and proper care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the holiday. The hirer is responsible for any additional cleaning costs incurred. (c) The hirer must permit the owners reasonable access to the property to carry out any urgent maintenance. (d) The hirer must not sublet or share the property except with persons included when booking. (The owner reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.). (e) We have introduced a Good Housekeeping deposit of £100 for Dairy and Stable cottage. This will be refunded back provided the cottage is left in a clean condition as found, with no damage. Refunds are processed within a few days of departure via bank transfer.
13. If, for any reason, beyond the owners control, the property is not available on the date booked, all fees paid in advance will be refunded in full. The hirer shall have no further claims against the
14. Guests are invited to walk and enjoy the fields and woods on the farm but are requested to ensure that they have regard to the countryside code and ensure that their children are supervised at all times, especially near livestock and water. We advise to bring appropriate footwear and clothing to take full advantage of the area.
15. Covid 19 additions and amendments
During the Covid 19 pandemic we have had to make some temporary additions to our terms and conditions in line with official guidelines
If a booking is unable to take place due to a local lockdown at either the cottage location or guest location covering any of the dates of the booking, the owner will work with the guest to either offer a change of dates (pricing differences for different dates may apply) or a full refund to include any deposit paid. Whichever is mutually agreeable.
Other Covid-19 pandemic related matters and disinclination to travel are foreseeable issues within an ongoing pandemic and guests are urged to take full travel insurance to protect themselves from insurable losses. We will endeavour to assist the insurer with any paperwork needed from us for any claims.
Balance payments – Full payment is to be received no later than 4 weeks before arrival during the pandemic. This is instead of our usual 6 weeks.